We´re moving on...

I hope the title incited a memory of a Rascal Flatts song.. but here at Awe Star we dont listen to secular music, so dont quote me on that.

The past few days have been wonderful. Excuse our lack of posting. My sweet mother reminded me that i have to keep the people happy. so here i am, trying to keep smiles on all the faces.

We finished up a busy week of drama performances last night.. on the 4th of July! My favorite holiday! Our precious students have done 40 dramas since last Sunday. thats pretty incredible. The gospel is being proclaimed in Peru and for that we can praise the Lord!

this afternoon began a few days off. I enjoyed mine with a 2 hour nap. Yes, Nita and Jamie - a 2 hour nap! It was splendid.

This evening we had a talent show! The prize was this stellar turkey made out of seashells - made by our good friend the Street Vendor. Precious Berned won for memorizing Colossians 3:1-17. He´s pretty awesome.

Tomorrow we go back to Trujillo for one night, and then off to the mountains on tuesday! I cant wait for the beauty of the mountains. Its my favorite part of Peru!

thank you for your continued prayers. We battled some illness this week, but your prayers pulled us through. Thanks for much for partnering with us!

Also. My (kristin) dear roommate, Megan´s, father is in the hospital in Nashville... please pray for her and her father and for a recovery. This poses alot of questions, i´m sure, but dont ask them. Just pray.

We will have more pictures on the next post. We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous July 6, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

Kristin,thanks for the post. God is doing an awesome work thru your group.
It make Anna Grace's night to get to talk to you on facebook. We were thrilled to hear from you. Thanks for visiting with her.
Will you have Jordan call this week? We leave Friday at noon for Peru. O'Hughey has something he needs to ask him about I think.
We love and are on our knees for ya'll.
Mom Hughey

Anonymous July 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Kristin,

I praise the Lord for what your group is doing in Peru. It sounds like you are having a "mountain top" experience even before you actually get to the mountains. Your reports have put me on the mountain praising God for what your group is doing in His name. Wow! We certainly need this same experience in our area of the world. You are in my prayers night and day. Love you lots! GG

Anonymous July 6, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Jordan:

I'm so proud of you and it sounds like you guys are doing awesome. God is instilling you what you need to be what He has called you to become...what a great God we serve. Brooke and I are praying for you - stay safe and preach the Word! Love you - Jason and Brooke

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Its GREAT to hear how wonderfully things are going! You guys seem to have a very strong team and I'm glad to hear that! keep up the great ministry. I'm praying for you guys and love you guys.

-DJ

Post a Comment

Jordan Hughey and Kristin Dutt


We are spending the summer in Peru with 19 fantastic students from all over the US! We will use a drama that stories the Bible from creation and the fall to Christ's victory over sin. The students will learn to share the gospel one-on-one with the Peruvians after the drama. Hughey and I are responsible for the team on a day to day basis - safety, basic discipleship and fun! We will have a bagillion crazy things to share. So. Stay tuned.